Re: Repeater and foot control

Matthias:
>  > When I say time accuracy, I relate to the delay you get on most
>>  switches between touching it and actually closing the contact. Those
>>  you have to press with some foot velocity which then again may
>>  disturb playing.
>>  The Oberheim one is better than many others, but PARADIS still had the
>best...

Jim:
>does the paridis controller have those little plastic buttons?

Paradis starts from italian plastic parts that apparently Roland uses
for their foot switches, too. But the inside is modified with a disc
kind of contact.

>i have found the ones on the oberheim to be too finicky.
>i modified a digitech fc300 (though i only get three functions this way)
>and it seems a lot more positive.
>
>i am thinking of making my own full controller for the edp using the
>same buttons as the fc300, but they are kind of expensive.

sorry, I am not aware what the fc300 is...

>i also considered making a bunch of individual footswitches, each with
>one button, one resistor, and a parrallel out so they could be
>daisy-chained.
>this would allow me to (for example) put the record button under my heel
>while playing congas. this could get out of hand, though with all the
>buttons
>and cables causing a big spagetti mess...

this is very helpfull, I think!
I have Overdub on my right big toe, two Paradis switches for Record
and Multiply on the left foot and some smaller switches for the other
functions that I use less and are not time critical.

>then again, maybe i should just go with a midi controller?

I plan to operate a PC1600 with the said keys, but time...

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org