Line 6 Dl4 questions and concerns

Hey all-mind if i pick your brain-just bought a line 6-having a few
problems one being of my own doing and the other of line 6-
1. i want the alt 3/4 out on my mixer to run through my line 6 however i
cannot seem to get a sound to go through it..i am using a 1402 mackie
mixer-any ideas-

2. when i use the dl4 on my quiet ambient pieces (no i do not use it with
guitar as i do not play it) like with waterphone or minidisc i get this
click on the loop around it is there all the time-sometimes it is quieter
than others-it drives me crazy-any ideas on that-
(no i am not riding the level hard at all)
if this pedal is not up to this task ia m not sure what i will do- i may
clicks and the like-thanks in advance
c.white