Re: Akai MPC 2000 vs. EDP (echoplex)

In a message dated 9/29/00 4:35:48 PM Central Daylight Time,
prattwink2@yahoo.com writes:

<<  Are there things in the MPC that will allow cool
 looping like the EDP. For example: listening to a
 sample and recording at the same time. Then the
 ability to play them together (just as you sampled
 them)? Building on a sample through many layers.
 I hope this question is not to abstact.   >>

Short answer is no. If you need a good sequencer and drum machine that
also
has SOME sampling functions, get the MPC. If you need a realtime looper,
don't. In my opinion, even though I love and swear by the Akai MPC 2000, I
think it is mis-marketed - it is not a sampler with a drum machine, it's a
drum machine and sequencer first, sampler second. It doesn't have many of
the
controls or parameters that most dedicated samplers have (i.e. the filter
controls are limited, there is no provisions for external controllers to
be
used with the samples, etc.)

Check akai's website and download a manual for the MPC.
www.akaipro.com

good luck.
- Crossedout@aol.com