EDP Question - How Do I?

Hi!

I have an Oberheim Echoplex (that has never given me a problem - TG).

I want to record a loop and then loop over that loop, thus adding textures,
etc.  But, I only want the first loop to play.  I don't want to record on
top of it via Loop Copy, Multiply, Overdub or some other means.  So, loop 1
is the foundational piece while other loops are created (elsewhere) as loop
1 plays by itself, unaffected by the other loops.

Can I do this with one EDP?

Thanks,

Michael