Re:good-natured knifetwisting

you're absolutely right and I did   ;)     even if I didn't put any smilies
after my post

just couldn't resist the opportunity to call attention to this little
escalation of hostilities whch 90% of the time stems from the temporal
limitations of e-mail compared to conversational mode--I've been as guilty
as anyone on this and other newsgoups--all that time I spent doing aikido
and still responding to push with shove . . .

when two people chat with each other tete a tete, they get real-time
feedback that lets them know how the other is taking it and can clarify
their ambiguous remarks before things turn ugly

ample opportunities to turn down the gain before the rig spews cacaphony
and
blows . . .

which is why it's always good to let at least one totally outrageous post
go
right
by you before you knee-jerk an equally outrageous one out on the keyboard

yeah, me and madeline albright    %^+)

Tom Lambrecht

hideomo@swbell.net