Re: not enough DL4 patches

Yes, good point, you can use the mix knob, and i do use an expression
pedal.  But there have been threads on the list before about the dl4
and its pedal implementation.  it tends to be a pain in the ass, IMO.

I have the expression pedal to control the 'mix' on all of my
presets, so your point is well taken and yes...."obvious".  what if
i've got that cool multi-head sound and i'm tweaking it in real
time?...even though the expression pedal was set to control just the
mix, it's now gonna take into account those tweaks.  so when i go to
move the pedal to turn the mix down, it's not going to be a smooth
fade out of my current tweak.  it's going to mutate the sound back to
some prior configuration of the tweaking as well as fading it out.

example.  say you have the multi-head on a pretty fast delay time,
and you turn the feedback way up, so it's starting to self-oscillate.
then you slowly turn the speed down, really slow, so you get this
deconstructing downpitch thing.  now you've got this noisy low rumble
happening and you want to turn it off or fade it out.  Go ahead, use
the expression pedal, but that sound is now going to speed up as it
fades out, back to where the knobs were when you started.  you would
pretty much have to get on your knees and adjust the mix manually,
which is what i do mostly when we're doing alot of live knob
twiddling.

i am currently using the Line6 expression pedal, but used a Roland
EV5 prior.  If you buy the line6, try to get it from a catalog.  it's
usually cheaper than line6 sells it on their site (figure that one
out), and it won't take 6 weeks to arrive (like mine did).

best,

rich