EMUSIC Playlist #185

[ Best viewed with a fixed spacing font. ]

EMUSIC, an electronic, ambient, and space music show, airs each Thursday
at 11:04 pm on WDIY 88.1 FM, Allentown and Bethlehem, PA and 93.9 FM in
Easton, PA and Phillipsburg, NJ.

                    Show #185                    October 5, 2000.

On this show, I started a month-long focus on Tangerine Dream as
this year's annual Oktoberfest celebration.  The feature CD at Midnight was
"Phaedra" on the Virgin label.

I also played the music of Jonn Serrie and Gary Stroutsos who will be
performing at the next Gathering.

Tangerine Dream
http://wdiyfm.org/emusic/playlists/2000/focus00.html#oct
The Gathering            http://wdiyfm.org/emusic/events.html

ARTIST                  TRACK                    ALBUM (label)
======================= ========================
==============================
11:04 pm
Jonn Serrie &           The Rain Maiden          Hidden World (Narada)
  Gary Stroutsos
Tony Gerber             The Hunt                 Altimira (Space for Music)
Foreign Spaces          Phaeton I - Planet       Phaeton (Invisible
Shadows)
William Linton          Wayfarer One and Two     Wayfarer (Space for Music)
Stephen Parsick       Close Beneath the Surface  Traces of the Past
(Spheric
Music)

12:00 am
Loren Nerell            Dark Horizon             The Venerable Dark
(Amplexus)
Tangerine Dream         Phaedra                  Phaedra (Virgin)
Tangerine Dream         The Mysterious Semblance Phaedra (Virgin)
                     at the Strand of Nightmares
Tangerine Dream         Movements of a Visionary Phaedra (Virgin)
Tangerine Dream         Sequent C'               Phaedra (Virgin)
Jeffery Fayman &        The Stars Below          A Temple in the Clouds
  Robert Fripp
(Tranceportation/Projekt)
VA [e. Voice p.]        Entered Apprentice       Ambient Landscapes 2 (Dark
Duck)
Steve Roach &           Turning World *          Solitaire:Ritual Ground
(Projekt)
  Elmar Schulte

1:00 am

 * = exerpt
VA = Various Artists (compilation)

On the next EMUSIC, I'll continue the month-long focus on Tangerine Dream
celebrate Oktoberfest EMUSIC-style.  The feature CD at midnight will be
"Rubycon" on the Virgin label.

Bill         billfox@fast.net
http://wdiyfm.org/schedule/s_emusic.html
Host of EMUSIC, an electronic, ambient, and space music show.  Thursdays at
11 pm on WDIY 88.1 FM, Allentown and Bethlehem and 93.9 FM in Easton and
Phillipsburg.  Email me if you wish to submit music for airplay
consideration.
Personal site: http://www.users.fast.net/~billfox