Re: Noises through pickups (rather gongs...)

So true,eventhough this low tone is not really produced,nevertheless
we can "hear" it.
The reason is simple.Our ears can also be tricked-or missinterpret-
an acoustic effect,like our visible recognition.
In this case,we hear from a bell all overtones/harmonics,but the
"Base Tone" is physical missing.Our brain now adds this missing
first harmonic to the reall appearing overtones and so we hear also
this low base-overtone of the harmonic spectrum of the bell.

This effect is also used for such devices like Subharmonic Exciters and
Psychoacoustic-effects devices.Bring in the sound more bass,without
changing the volume of a signal.

There are also other nice audiorelated phenomens to trick our audible
recognition.Like the Sheppards Effect,with an infinitley,decreasing
sound.

Martin