Re: Gongs! - was Re: Noises...

Thanks, Dennis

>  > I feel that mine is hollow... is it? completely? partly?
>
>It seems quite an individual choice.  It's hard to find a "bowl palace"
>where you can try a whole lot of different ones until you find those that
>speak to you.

I actually meant phisically hollow: two separate metal sheets for the
outer and the inner side... no idea why I get this impression... if
its not so, we should urgently try how such a thing would sound...

Alan said:
>Thank you very much for the info!  These are still pricy but they are less
>than the others I've seen.  (I just want great sonic devices, not buy my
>way
>into heaven. :-)  I will give fareast a call and see if I qualify as a
>mere
>mortal.  If not, how about a Big Loopers Delight Gong Group Buy?!!

not too bad... we could fit them with piezo pickups. I can send them
over if someone places them...

Denis again:
>Looping a bowl in mono isn't nearly the same.  Using a stereo pair of EDPs
>is much better.  One of these days, I'm going to set up four mics,
>configure
>a quad looper in Kyma, and try looping a bowl in quad.

shhhh... so spread pickups would do the same?

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org