From: "Martin Shellard" <martins@pwdu.demon.co.uk>
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com,
Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Sent: October 23, 2000 1:32:27 PM GMT
Subject: Re: software based Loopers

Although this may not be of use to you PC users, any mac loopers out there
should check out MOTU Digital Performer. Not only is it the most well
thought out and "professional" sequencer (by that I mean the foundations of
the app are solid with no hidden bloopers) but it has a built in looper
called POLAR. You specify a time range and enter the polar window where you
have a multi-track loop recorder, you can overdub on separate tracks and
mix/pan. The recording is done in RAM so it's super fast and when you have
your loop you can bounce it to disk either as a mix or onto separate
tracks.
As far as cubase v Logic, well I'm not a fan of either and I've used both
but cubase on a PC? Forget about it, it has the WORST reputation of any DAW
in history, I was on the cubase user list for a while and the number of
complaints from PC cubase users was staggering, the thing can't even play
audio and midi in time. Logic, although not very friendly and somewhat
flawed in it's design is way, way better than cubase.
Step time entry is pretty much the same in both.

Martin Shellard

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com