Re: software based Loopers

If someone can lend their opinion, i would appreciate it!

I have just recently got into the sequencing thing...my newly
acquired keyboard came with MicroLogic AV.  It loaded without a hitch
(Mac 7100/66) and has been talking with my keyboard, drum machine and
recording unit very nicely.

Does anybody know what i would be getting into if i move up to a
professional level software package? (either a full version of Logic
or Digital Performer)

Right now i'm just using the Midi.  I work on a computer all day at
work and don't feel like recording while staring at a CRT.  If it's
just sequences, i'm ok.  Anyway, my biggest gripe with MicroLogic AV
is the navigation along the timeline, the selection and moving of
midi data and the lack of marker points. (only TWO!)  The curser
zooms right by rather than tracking along with the song, it seems
impossible to 'nudge' stuff, and just two locator points is killing
me!

Does anyone know much about the full versions and can comment on
these points and if there's more stuff that a newbie would
appreciate?  Also, in digital performer, is POLAR looping audio, or
midi data?

I'm just trying to ascertain what i'm getting into.  the MicroLogic
is only about $80, while a full version is over $300.  What's that
buying me?  I've found the Micrologic manual to be a bit vague for my
taste.  Is the full version's any better?  What about Digital
Performer's?

thanks in advance...

rich

.