RE: OT: Yamaha AW4416 vs. Roland VS-1880: Recommendations?

Well, my unit is very, very quiet. I guess it must have a fan in it, but
I've never noticed it before. The disk access noise is very minimal.

As for setting up for impromtu recording, I really haven't tried to do that
yet. In fact, I really haven't had all that much time to spend on it... I
also bought a Roland HandSonic at the same time, and it was only today that
I began to glimpse the potential of that instrument... I want to get my
arms
around that a little more so I can lay some rhythm tracks and then build
from there.

I have noticed however, that when the automated faders reset back to 0, the
one on the #5 channel doesn't go all the way down. Are you having this
issue, too, Jim?

Other than that, it's a purchase I'm proud of!

Kevin