Re: Repeater ship date

Damon, thanks very much for the heads-up about the slip in ship dates. I
have to admit I was starting to count the days, so I'd much rather know
know
than be surprised 2-3 weeks from now.

No doubt there are many others like myself who have participated in product
development and been sorry to see something go out the door before it was
done right because of external issues. I'm really pleased that Electrix can
make a decision like this based on concerns about quality of the product.

And I'm very grateful for the candor to which this list is being treated.
It
is great to be able to express our feedback to somebody in a position to
use
the information and with a stated interest in having the feedback. And
frankly its just fun to hear a few tidbits about the product.

One of my personal beefs about the design process in general is that it is
very very common for an individual or a small team to conceive of a product
concept and just run with it all the way to production without ever
exposing
themselves to critique by their peers. It is an arrogant and stupid
approach, and the landfill is overflowing with the 'not quite right'
designs
of the past.  It appears Electrix is making an effort to use external
critique to some good purpose, despite no doubt taking a few knocks on the
way.

I think we all need to remember that is a minor miracle this product is
being developed at all! Whether it turns out to be exactly what any
particular individual wants it to be, it is absolutely great that an
additional company is joining the ranks of the other wonderful contributors
to our looping toolkits.

Bob