RE: vortex

To put in my 2 pence worth... The Vortex is frustrating in a couple of
ways,
as in the delay speed are ONLY tappable and not dial-in-able which can be
annoying for some situations, you DO tend to sit WITH the instructions at
all time cos each "patch" has a unique signal flow and some controls change
their use dependant on the patch, BUT and its a HUGE BUTT... the
possibilities for new and interesting sounds are phenomenal! Strangly the
"preset" are all rather mild and its up to you to tweak them to really find
mangled stuff, but its all there! The three "KEY" features that make it
stand out from any other box I have are...
1)ENVELOPE FOLLOWER: every patch has a parameter that is dependent on the
strength of the input signal (IE: a tremelo/pan that speeds up (or slows
down) as the sound dies away, or... (this is great) a delay where the
feedback level is dependant on signal level...dont gettit? OK you play...
you hear NO delays, you stop playing...delays appear and continue
looping(yes) till you play, therfore you can play an 8 note sequence and
then on the loop play OVER the second half, erasing what was there, but
keeping the second half!)
2)MORPH: Any patch can be made to morph into another
3)PEDAL CONTROL: Any parameter can be put under pedal control, including
morph, so you can stop half way thru the morph!!! ...or simulate the
"Fatboyslim" speeding up loop thing... just play intrument...stop
playing...
it loops... whammy the old pedal and...
 check it out now your a funk soul brothera funk soul brothera funk soul
brothera funk soul brothera funk soul brothera funk soul brothersoul
brothersoul brothersoul
brotherbrotherbrotherbrotherbrobrobrobrobbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

er...buy it!

hope this helps

Mark