RE:Repeater update...

I have the sickness (flu).
The update on Repeater would be as Leonardo said. We are aiming to Ship
before winter NAMM. Our power supply passed CSA with a few minor mods so
that is big news for us. The PSU is about 2" X 1.25" X 4.25", is light as a
feather and has a locking connector. (one supply for all countries). We
have
done Alpha testing and are going into beta test soon so baring any
"unknowns" we are still looking good for the NAMM show shipping target.

Now, with sickness bearing down on me, I'll answer a few tidbits...

>Repeater: Loop Copy sounds like it doubles the loop

Nope. Loop copy lets you copy a loop from one location to another. For
example: I make a loop at location 1 on the CFC card. I want to copy it to
another card without booting my computer. I just copy the loop to location
'1 in the internal memory, swap cards and then copy the loop from '1 to the
new card. You could also use it to copy the loop to another location to
build a variation. etc...It's like it sounds....copy.

>... and they don't really make it completely clear if you can arm Overdub
so it begins at the start of the Loop Copy and allows you to play while
>the
loop copy is being done. So I'm believing that you may have to wait for one
Loop Copy cycle to double a loop... what if you want 16 copies?
>Do you have to press Loop Copy 4 times (2 4 8 16?) It doesn't sound like
you'll be able to create odd numbered or even 6, 10, 12 or 14 bar
>executions. Food for thought...

This is the function of loop multiply. The present implementation is that
it
doubles the loop every time you press the button. A press and hold of the
button will let you dial in the exact number of times you want the loop
replicated i.e.: 1,2,3,4,5,6 etc. We have had alpha feedback to allow this
to divide a loop length as well. We have also had feedback to make this a
live process where it is enabled and multiplies the loop as you overdub
(similar to EDP). Odds are it will be implemented as stated first,
however...the software will be easy to update. (Put software on CFC card
-Insert CFC - New Repeater OS. No service people, no screw drivers, no chip
pulling). So If you become a Repeater looper give us your feedback!

>One EDP feature which I really like that I don't believe the Repeater has
is the Insert function.

Correct. At the present time we do not have an insert function.

>The EDP NextLoop function allows for groupings of dissimilar length loops
which you can freely move between. You don't have to have a midi
>controller to initiate a pgm chg to jump to another dissimilar length
>loop.
Damon has said that a pgm chg to another STORED loop will happen very >fast
so it should be functional still doesn't address the fact that you're not
able to record dissimilar length loops in REAL TIME ON THE FLY and >then
migrate among them without intensive midi pgm chg tap dancing.

This makes it sound harder than it actually is. There is a knob on the face
plate to access loop locations as well as the MIDI access. Access to a new
loop location is instant whether it is STORED or blank so you will be able
to record a new loop at a different length in real time on the fly.

>When using my midi controller, I have a bank configured to freely call up
any of these loops with a single button press... I also can tap a
>button and change the parameters so that the change occurs either at the
end of the loop or immediately.

Repeater kinda does this in a different way. You move to the new location
and pressing play will engage the new loop. If you hit play close to the
end
of the loop Repeater will wait and engage the new loop at the end of the
loop. A press outside of this window will engage the loop exactly when you
press play.

>This kind of capability and depth doesn't seem likely in the Repeater and
literally ALL other loopers. This is what makes the EDP unique. I won't
>say
better, because as we've heard before, It's important to critically assess
your needs, THEN choose your product based on that. I want a
>Repeater because it appears to include some attractive SAMPLER type
capabilities, as well as stereo. I will probably use the EDP more as a
free
>form real-time looper... and the Repeater as a way to capture that stuff
>in
stereo and further mutate it as well as store my best efforts.

Repeater is very much a real time loop based recorder. Even though it has
production features like pitch and time stretching everything is accessible
instantly. We are working to make Repeater a powerful looper both live and
in the studio.

Respect,

Damon Langlois
Creative Director