Re: new to the list

Looping is a broad topic, but we all share a common goal- music created in various fashion with a repeating theme. Some of us use electronic means, such as digital sampling loopers like the Oberheim echoplex, or older analog looping machines like the Maestro echoplex, which allow us to add to the loop. And some of us rely on more ecclectic means, such as a record turntable modified to skip, or a CD player that has an A-B loop function, or a telephone answering machine cassette with a looping recording, or a CD with a drop of "White Out" on it to make it skip at that part, Well, looks like I gave up some of my 'secrets' but that is what the list is all about.
busyditch
-----Original Message-----
From: slavestate13 <slavestate13@hotmail.com>
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Date: Friday, January 12, 2001 2:57 AM
Subject: new to the list

well hello everyone. Im new here and I have no idea what looping is but I have a very opened mind for music and I kinda have a sense of what it is. Im just trying to grasp exactly what it is. Is it just a constant loop of sound and then you just keep adding different things to it? Sorry if I sound dumb but I'm just interested.