Re: Responding to "gig spam"

Two comments:

1)
> Or should we be blatantly honest, since they did advertise here, and
> encouraged to come to the show and give our opinions?

But what is "blatantly honest"?  Somebody can say, "I thought the show was
crap." and that is an honest statement.  But saying, "The show was crap."
is
not.  That statement purports to speak for everybody.  And the critic can't
honestly do that.  Now I don't think Gary was trying to speak for anybody
but himself but we need to communicate more clearly.

2)
Good God, Steuart!  I wish I could get as much "press coverage" out of my
gigs!  Hey, Gary, can you review my next gig?  :)

Dennis Leas
dennis@mdbs.com