RE: analog delays

I have both of the Ibanez units you mentioned, and I like them both.

The AD202 is pretty full-featured, with delay, flange, stereo chorus, and
doubling modes.  The modulation section is what I like about it.  It's also
very quiet.  A local music store has another one of these for about $150,
if
I remember correctly.  It works well either in-line or on a send, and it
has
two inputs: mic and instrument (both 1/4"), which are selectable.

The UE405 is more of a multi-effects unit, which is also cool, but the
delay
section only has controls for delay time, regen, and blend.  The regen
control on mine goes way past unity.  This one isn't so quiet, and it
requires the footswitch to operate.  I tried using this one on an effect
send, which works for delay, but the rest of the effects aren't very wet,
so
they work best in-line.

I'm not sure how to access the stereo chorus on these units.  I'd have to
do
some investigation, but the outputs may be TRS. (Anyone with info on this?)

-Hans

Hans Lindauer
Engineer, Music Man R&D
Ernie Ball, Inc.