Re: Roland VG8 Guitar system?

>To be on topic, can it Loop? :)

Contrary to an earlier response, YES, the VG-8 can loop on its own quite
interestingly:
While the delay times are short (well under 2 sec.), when set to 100%
feedback, all delays will repeat without decaying (NOT true of the 88,
btw).
Also, there is a parameter for send level to delay, so you can play over
the
repeats (but only within the same patch---best looping is still done with
outboard gear). Most interesting to me is the fact that there's a genuine
cross-feed delay mode in there which allows you to create rhythmic delay
patterns not available on most built-in or even outboard delays. Not even
the
tc D-2 has this feature (altho it can be tricked into doing it).
definitely
check this mode out...and before making any decisions about what the VG-8
can
do for you, download some of the countless and often very extraordinary
patches available from vg-8.com. Roland sems to have not an inkling of
what
this baby can sound like, judging from the factory presets. There are also
everal patches in text format available there, and even if you don't have
MIDI connection for using the sysex patches, I suggest reading the text
comments. My set called LOOPCLAS (as I recall) includes text on setting up
the crossfeed delay to loop rhythmically.
David Coffin