Re: NPR

extreme statements rarely have a well thought out opinion behind them, I
could critisize NPR/PBS quite a bit as well, I frequently do, but
"voodoo frenzy", c'mon.  my wife listens to NPR alot, she's an
intelligent person, my young child loves PBS as do many children, I'm
not so sure replacing those shows w/ more repeats of the cocoa krispy
hour would be such a great idea.
I've personally known many artists who've used grants well and I aggree
a few people who just seem good at getting them, but assign blame where
its due and not to all.
as to goverment money in art, its always been a mixed bag but its always
been done, this is nothing new, art has been intertwined w/ governments
throughout human history, perhaps whats needed is a better approach,
next time your car gets a flat are you gonna junk it?
yes I aggree feeling compelled to make art, that drive, is a step along
the way to true artistry but surely you don't suggest that all artists
be part-time, that they should just let thier lives go to hell or work
at the local quicky mart to support YOUR version of whats right
looping = anarchy   I don't get that one at all

you'll find there's room for us all