RE: NPR

Title: RE: NPR

okay  . . . so i guess it's times for politics now?

i think that this brings up a good point about mapplethorpe; he sorta became the whipping boy of the nea for jesses helms, etc. the funny thing is how much money does the nea really give out? how does it compare to things like tobacco susbidies that people like jesse helms promoted? which actually hurt more people? which actually costs the taxpayers (you and me) more money on the back end (health costs going through the roof, etc.)? i'd say that gov't money for the arts is the least of our worries, a mere drop in the bucket.

stig