AKASH GETS PRESS IN PHILLY FOR LOOPING

OH YEAHhhhh! we got a nice lil' ole paragraph in this weeks Phila City
Paper. They called what we do a "layered" sound but at least they noticed
us while we were looping for the "record".
              ck it out here:
http://www.citypaper.net/articles/011801/mus.hear.shtml

Also, we would like to formally announce the addition of Cory Neale on
upright and electric basses to AKASH.

Cory's Bio is as follows:

Cory Neale claims to have learned music through osmosis via a Sony
Walkman. He has played double bass and bass guitar for more than 14 years
and has
recorded and toured extensively in the regional Northeast US Currently he
is
1/3 of the trio in Justice on a Budget,  a free-jazz group playing
regularly in the Philadelphia area. Cory has also played in local
Philadelphia groups
the Barnabys (spinArt/Polygram), Camp Audrey, Zoom (the original girl
group)and "cory". He appreciates such Walkman Mentors as Eberhard Weber
and Eddie
Gomez and listens and learns from a  variety of jazz, classical, dance,
and adventurous music.

Other related AKASH info:

TEMPLE OF BON MATIN'S NEW ALBUM "CABIN IN THE SKY" IS DUE OUT ANYDAY NOW ON
BULB RECORDS ... "Cabin" features Ed Wilcox on drums, percussion, vocals
and various devices alongwith John Price from AKASH on elect guitar,
Loops, acoustic 12 string, upright bass and The Roland - GR-30; "Cabin" is
a mix of original and reworked field songs from the 19th century but
"Cabin" is done in ways that
only the loud & forever legendary, TEMPLE OF BON MATIN can deliver the
goods! ( MOBY eat yer heart out! )

Also look for "TORA-TORA-LIVE"!  By San Francisco's most adventurous -
Noise - Trancey - Swoooshy - Improvising Masters, "LIQUORBALL" featuring
none other than Mister Ed Wilcox on drums..."TORA-TORA-LIVE" is sold at
only the finest indie record shops in a metropolitan town near you!

Also thanks to everyone who has supported AKASH from our earliest
beginnings as AKASH turns a "naughty" and very "tasty" 3 years old on
Valentine's Day, 2001.

STAY TUNED FOR SHOWS-PROMOS & CD GIVEAWAYS AS AKASH PREPARES TO ASSAULT
YOUR "MORALS" WITH SOUND N' FLESH !

Also look for LORALAI from AKASH with the "Dancing Mermaids": Friday,
February 2nd, @ the "First Friday Virgin Bride Cabaret" at The Painted
Bride
Arts Center located in The Old City section of Center City, Philadelphia
accompanied by special musical guests, members of the "world-music" group,
Animus.

*THE AKASH DEBUT "BODY WORSHIP" IS ON SALE @ FETISHES BOUTIQUE: **orders
are NOT being taken online just yet, but for directions to Fetishes
Boutique, load this url & click: www.fetishesboutique.com
*JUST ASK FOR AKASH & GET INTO "BODY WORSHIP" NOW !

Also, AKASH MP3's are linked to our website from the Philadelphia Ambient
Consortium - Music and Noise (PACMAN) which features many talented and
heavilly Loop-Based-Philadelphia-Performers...& dont just check AKASH out
but ck out all the loopy stuff Philly has to offer u!

Warm Regards,
AKASH
"Remember to always kill your expectations"
www.akashmusic.com