Re: Need DL4 Help

>Any DL4 owners had a problem with the bypass feature of the unit?  The
>trick where you can put it into bypass so the delay decays naturally
>when you switch the effect off sounds great when it works but I've had
>some problems when I put the pedal in this mode.  The problem is
>basically that after I'm done playing, the next time I plug in, none of
>the delays work at all.  I have to reboot the unit twice to get the
>bypass (and delays back).  I had thought that this was the result of the
>initial firmware of the pedal and that the problem would be fixed with
>the upgrade, but after having just sent my pedal in for repairs
>(including an update), I still have the same problem.
>
>Anyone else notice this problem and was I wrong in believing the
>firmware had ANYTHING to do with the problem?  Its not life threatening
>or anything, but it is an annoyance and one I'd like fixed if there is
>an easy fix.
>
>If any of you DL4 users know anything about this problem. please drop me
>a line (before I contact Line 6).
>
>Thanks
>
>Kevin

Sorry to take so long to reply to this, I'm wayyy behind on reading LD at
the moment.

My DL-4 has done this since the day I got it. I contacted Line-6 and they
assured me that the firmware upgrade would fix this, but it sounds like you
did this and it didn't. I haven't done the upgrade just because I can't
stand to send the DL-4 away for that long. Since it sounds like it won't
solve it anyway, I may just live with it, like I have thus far. Anyway,
this probably doesn't help much, but there is at least one other DL-4 with
that behavior.

Dave Trenkel : improv@peak.org
Minus Web Site: http://listen.to/minusmusic
Minus MP3's: http://www.mp3.com/-minus-