Re: Repeater spotted!

>yes, please, connect to a clock source and change the speed a bit to
>see whether the loop realy follows exactly without artefacts, that
>would be my favourite feature!
>I am somewhat tired of the constant speed loops, the "beat prison".

Matthias,

Sorry,  didn't get a chance to read my emails before attending the
show on Saturday.  I did spend a good amount of time chatting with
Damon and playing with the Repeater.  It was very cool...Damon asked
if i wanted a demo of the Repeater and i said "sure!".  He started to
set it up with the cd player as the source and i said "can I use the
guitar as the source?" and we went from there...talking
implementation, ideas, and such...as the demo went on, there were
lots of interruptions from me going "ALRIGHT!!!!"

We didn't do the example you spoke of.  What we did do was have two
other electrix units slaved to the midi clock of the repeater...the
Filter Factory and the MoFx.  I captured a loop on track one, did an
overdub on track two, and played a bit with the pan, pitch, and
volume.  Then while i was playing along, Damon started adding in
effects.  Being able to patch in effects before the loop, OR after
the loop is terrific!  What i found especially nice what that the
effects after the loop are effecting only the loop, not your incoming
signal passing through the looper.  Very nice that you could be
playing a clean sound, yet when it gets captured, you could have all
kinds of wild effects on it!

The next WOW was when we changed the tempo on the loops.  Damon said
there was some question of how the tempo change was still to be
implemented.  When you adjust tempo, does it automatically change to
the new tempo, or does it drift to the new tempo over a period of
time?  As far as i could tell, the drift effect is what is in the
software at the moment.  I would like to have it available as a
choice.  Maybe some sort of button combination during powerup...

Anyway, we altered the tempo of the loop pretty radically.  And as
the loop was 'drifting' to it's new tempo, ALL of the effects on the
slaved machines were 'drifting' along too, following the Repeater.
We had an LFO going on the Filter Factory and a Delay on the MoFx,
and they all slowly came down in tempo in perfect synch with each
other...yummy.

we're all going to have to wait a bit, but this machine promises a
lot of sonic possibilities.

rich