Re: Need a hand with EDP sample dump (Cakewalk users, please!)

>My midi dumps used to take a very very long time.
>I would start a dump, go out for a pack of cigarettes,
>have some coffee, take a nap, and hopefully the stream
>of data did not cause a log jam in my midi interface
>before the dump completed.

:-(

>I recall something about midi handshaking that was causing
>things to take so long.  I also recall that some option
>had been added in Loop V5 to disable the hand shaking
>but it still may be required depending on your midi setup,
>the midi software and such things.

Yes: the EDP sends a package of sound data and then waits for a
confirmation or error message of the receiver and if it does not get
any, after a while it goes on anyway, but ends up becoming much
slower.
So the return MIDI cable should speed up the process (or stop it, if
there is some transmission error). If not, the sequencer does not
send the confirmation for some reason....

In your case, Elby, its seems it does not send the confirmation
because it does not receive anything at all.
Did you try by pressing Dump at the EDP?
Can you watch the data being transfered (MIDI monitor appl) ?
Eric tested the soft with various Mac applications and stand allone
samplers but there was no PC (was not quite so common for sound
then...).
Could it be that you are the first one to try that?
Could anyone out there that uses Cakewalk please confirm that problem?
Is there any material about the Cakewalk dump protocol, so we can
compare it with the others?
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org