echoplex and jamman

I am considering "switching" from my Jam man to an EDP.  But I have a couple of questions first, and was wondering if anyone could help with answering these.  Here they are:

1.  Do EDP users find that the machine is reliable?  Does the footpedal give people any problems?  How about the unit itself?

2.  Does it make a difference in terms of reliability whether I purchase an older model (pre Loop III v5.0 upgrade) or a newer model with the upgrade pre-installed?

3.  If I purchase an older one, how easy and problem-free is it to install the upgrade?  And how do I install it, or do I have to have it done by Oberheim?  Is the upgrade worth it?

4.  In terms of comparing reliability of the unit (i.e. breakage / malfunction issues) does anyone have a basis for comparing the Jamman with the EDP?

5.  I am aware that performance-wise, the EDP appears to have more options than the Jam man.  If that's the case then why do "tried and true" Jam man users stick with the Jam man?  Is it because of reliability / bug-free issues or are there hidden performance advantages to the Jam man that don't appear readily on the surface?

OK, there are the few starting questions I have at this point......

Oh yeah, one more.......if faced with the choice of a brand new EDP with basic memory and Loop III installed, or an older one in mint condition with full memory and no Loop III, for a difference of 200-300 dollars, is the extra money for the new one and then the additional cost of memory "worth it" in terms of what you get with the new unit (i.e. technology / development-wise)?

Thanks a lot

Stephen B.