Re: Line 6 DL4

> Good Morning, Campers!
>
> Today, I'm reading about the Line 6 DL4 Modeling Delay.  The details on
how
> it works are a little sketchy.  I don't have one so I can't try it out to
> see how it really works.

Honestly, it takes about 5 minutes of playing with it to 'get it.' It's one
of the more
intuitive digital effects boxes I've used.

> 1) How do you exit OVERDUB mode and still have the loop playing?
According
> to the manual, if you press PLAY/STOP while in OVERDUB, you enter STOP
mode.

The buttons from left to right are Record.....Play/Stop.....Play
Once....and
Half/Reverse.
To stop overdubbing but still play, you simply tap the record switch.

> 2) Then how do you re-enter OVERDUB mode once you're out of it?

You simply press the Record switch again.

> 3) If you're not recording, what happens when you press RECORD/OVERDUB?
The
> manual says that if the DL4 is stopped, pressing RECORD starts a new
> recording; and if you're recording, pressing RECORD starts overdubbing.
But
> what happens if you're in PLAY, PLAYONCE, or OVERDUB mode?

The manual is right, but you have the option of simply looping and playing
over (without it
recording your new notes) or looping and having it record, overdubbing. I'm
pretty sure you
cannot record in play once mode, nor press that until you have a loop
going.
And if youre
already overdubbing, pressing record switches you to Play mode, IIRC.

> 4) It seems that the only way to start a new loop is to STOP the DL4,
>then
> press RECORD.  Is this correct?

That's Correct.

Cheers!