Re: OT: distortion/OD pedals, thankyous and gig SPAM London

In my UK rig, I use an SWR interstellar overdrive in the FX loop of my
MPX-G2 - in the states I had no 'stellar, so had to make do with the G2,
and
to my ears, I missed the tubes... if you can go tube, do... :o)

Thanks to everyone who came to my gigs in LA and Santa Cruz - every city on
the planet needs a Rick Walker! The guy's great, makes some really cool
music, and seems to be pretty much the hub of the local experimental music
scene. It was a real treat to play on the same bill as Max, Trey and Scott
-
hopefully, there'll be some photos and a full report, maybe with gear lists
and whatnot, at www.solobassnetwork.org.uk before long...

'til then, there's a review of my CD just been added to
www.ambientvisions.com which is worth checking out.

Also, see mini feature by me in current issue of Bass Player magazine about
the future of solo bass - the solo bass looping festival was great, I hope
get to do one in London. Next solo bass looping event in London is me live
with David Friesen in Holloway, North London - see
www-solobassnetwork.org.uk for more details.

cheers

Steve
www.steve-lawson.co.uk