RE: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Title: RE: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

The shade, *Gray* is not imaginary, but we should not forget that it is
totally dependent on black and white for it's existence. Black and white do
not need gray. Gray IS black and white.

People take, almost religious, pleasure in pointing out that the three hues
are on an equal standing. They aren't. This rallying cry,  *Don't  see
things only in black and white* has been mouthed for so long- - people begin
to believe that only gray exists. Gray- in itself- doesn't exist at all!

Lance is making good arguments- I use him as an example. Re-read what he
says above. It is clear that he has begun to see Gray/Black/White as three
equal, and distinct entities. He looks, for instance, for the gray in
black-the black in white. This is relativity in action. It might be true
that black only exists in relation [absence of] to black. But gray does not
exist on it's own.

** pretty digital view of the world. no analog mess.

some random thoughts.

there's hydrogen and there's oxygen, and in the right proportions,  they "make" water . . . but water itself doesn't exist . . .

so are you *right*, *wrong* or a combination of both?

stig