OT: powerbooks and vacation tunes...

hi all,

my wife's new g3 powerbook is arriving tomorrow.  anybody have any
good advice on getting at least a two-channel signal in and out?  Is
the powerbooks mic/line converters any better than my ol' PPC 7100/66?

i thought i knew of a product that was just like a little dongle...a
DATport?
two channels into a usb cable?  anybody know? maker? url?

excited about using Imovie...images and sound....hmmmm.

don't know where this thought came from, but:

you're taking a trip, you have room for 9 cd's in your travel bag
with your portable player.  3 groups of 3:  the first 3 are 'desert
island' discs...perfect favorites.  the second group of 3 is current
faves, stuff you've been listening to or stuck on.  the last 3 are a
gift for your host at your imaginary destination...you're going to
give the discs to them, to turn them onto something cool you've found.

here goes for me!

desert island:

miles-kind of blue
eno and byrne-my life in the bush of ghosts
charlie parker-with strings

faves for the road trip:

beck-mutations
buena vista social club
kruder and dorfmiester-the k and d sessions

the gifts:

flanger-midnight sound
thievery corporation-the mirror conspiracy
joey defrancesco-goodfellas

anybody game for a round of favorites?...yes...sometimes i have too
much time on my hands.

best,

rich