Re: 9 disks

Desert Island:
Philip Glass - Powawwatsi
Street Corner Seranade (It's a collection of doo-wop songs)
Oval - Systemich

Road Trip:
Rube Waddell - Stink Bait
Los Samplers - Los Samplers (electronically decimated salsa/rumba/mambo
music)
Renaldo & The Loaf - Struve & Sneff

Gift to Friend:
Tape Beatles - Music With Sound
The Residents - The Commercial Album
Genghis Blues - Motion Picture Soundtrack (it's a Tuvan throat singer
paired
with an American blues musician)