Re: 9 disks

Hmm, I'll bite:

Desert Island: (why do these lists always assume we're going to a desert
island, and that once we get there, we'll have nothing better to do than
listen to the same music over and over?)

Miles Davis: Dark Magus
Captain Beefheart: Trout Mask Replica
Ornette Coleman: Beauty is a Rare Thing (OK, so it's a box set (complete
early quartet, + Free Jazz, + more, but as I see it, I get a pass, I DIDN't
choose the complete Bitches Brew box for Miles)

Honorable mentions (stowaways?): Ali Akbar Khan plays Alap, Harry Partch:
Delusion of the Fury, The Complete Works of Conlon Nancarrow, Miles' On The
Corner, John Coltrane: The Complete Village Vanguard Sessions, Apehx Twin:
Selected Ambient Works Vol. 2, Sun Ra: the Soundtrack to Space is the
Place, DJ Spooky: Songs of a Dead Dreamer.

Road Trip:
Tortoise: TNT
Medeski Martin and Wood: The Dropper (These guys normally annoy the sh*t
out of me, but I'm really digging this disc)
Faust: The Wumme Years 1970-1973 (Assuming it's a long trip)

Tape for a Friend
Herbie Hancock: Sextant
Terry Riley: Rainbow in Curved Air
Meshuggah: Destroy, Erase, Improve

Dave Trenkel : improv@peak.org
New & Improv Media
http://www.newandimprov.com
Now available: Admiral Twinkle Devil: Wabi Dub