Re: The Ugly

Robert Eberwein wrote:

> [Of course White contains all colors. That's why it's the opposite of
>Black-
> which is the absence of all color. That's also why it's silly to think
> you've said something when you champion *Gray*...]

sorry, i just had to poke my nose in again (please forgive me robert!)...

white contains all the colors when described in the additive sense, i.e.
visible light (your crt screen), but when described subtractively, i.e. as
reflective material (ink, paint) it's the absence of color. opposite for
black.

oh, and all cats are grey. i think wynton marsalis said that.

:-)

lance g.

ps i don't think fascism is what's goin' on here, just a philosophical
discourse.