preparation and processing - - shop talk

Title: preparation and processing - - shop talk

>>But then I took it one step further: I began using my acoustic bass guitar
>>more for solo/loop stuff, and began playing the body of the bass as a
>>percussion instrument and making loops in real time with that.  Now I
>>prepare the bass with aligator clips for faux gamelan type sounds, use
>>chopsticks, different muting techniques, and, of course, sound processing
>>to alter the timbres.

** yeah. i actually do this sort of thing on my 6-string electric basses (though some see this as *only* sound effects) by using a piezo pickup under the bridge. gives me a lot of body resonance. are you playing the clips with anything? i sometimes strike with a spoon or what-have-you. are you tapping on the fingerboard when using the clips? ever try tambourine tangs? make nice gong sounds . . . is your abg fretted or fretless?

stig