Re: 9 discs

Been enjoying seeing everyone's picks!  I had a question about this
one, though.

>Maxinquaye - Tricky (to say tricky took hip - hop to another place
>is a massive understatement)

Be forwarned...i absolutely love this record.  But if your statement
is true...why do you reference his first record, where he's still
wandering about in Massive Attack territory? i mean he's even got
lyrics that he used on 'protection' reworked for 'maxinquaye'. (maybe
even some from 'blue lines' too?)

Seems to me that Tricky started to move in a whole new direction a
bit later...Maxinquaye fits pretty neatly in the 'trip hop' genre,
for me.  Is your statement general about his body of work, or
'maxinquaye' in particular?

His later stuff i don't particularly like, to be honest with you.
He's touted as some enigmatic genius, or something, which i don't buy
at all...i just think he smokes too much pot.

rich