Re: moby and backing tracks

I was watching MTV yesterday (Yes, I'll admit it), and they showed a clip
of
Jennifer Lopez singing her song at the superbowl halftime show. She had a
drummer, a conga player, and a keyboardist as her "backup band". I thought
it was really weird that they were playing, but all the music was clearly
off the CD. When they hit the bridge, whoever was at the mixer brought up
the levels of the drums and congas, then faded them again when they got
into
the next chorus.

Pop musicians - they're so weird!