Re: cheating

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Eberwein" <robert_eberwein@hotmail.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Friday, February 02, 2001 12:09 PM
Subject: Re: cheating

> Of course, *DJ's* take this to an extreme; taking credit for stuff they
> couldn't conceptualize in a 1000 years. But then, few people consider
>that
> the entire techno/DJ thing is just disco married to Political Correctness
> [Wannabe Gangbangers singing to China Grove- - - and nobody blows the
> whisthle- - -sigh]--Sigh.

Whoa....  I have a lot of trouble dismissing Autechre, Aphex Twin, Banco de
Gaia, the Future Sound of London, Orbital, Underworld, and a lot of others
who are into "the entire techno/DJ thing" that easily.  Granted, I've heard
plenty of techno/d'n'b/ambient/jungle/triphop/whatever that was awful, and
I'm sure there are more bad DJs out there than good ones, but isn't that
the
case with every type of musician?

Peter