Re: Line 6 DL4

> you cannot produce a smooth
> fade out based on the feedback loop regeneration,
> or you can do it by tweaking the feedback of that prior
> delay ?

Fading out a loop is the weakest point of the DL4 as looper IMHO.  In
looping operation, the DL4 has 2 modes:

1) Overdub.
User continually adds new sound while previous sound fades at a fixed rate
hardcoded into the pedal.  I'd say it's roughly equivalent to the EDP when
feedback is set between 85% and 95%

2) Play.
Sample repeats indefinitely.  No fade-out whatsoever.  Psuedo work-around:
with an expression pedal (or by grabing one of the knobs) you can control
the mix of the DL4 and manually fade out the loop.

That's it.

Greg