Re: OT: Computer noise soloutions

>Hi all-
>
>I will be building a rack mount DAW in the near future and am looking for
>resources for quiet power supplies and other PC related hardware- I am
>aware
>of the obvious "build a sound proof enclosure" but this is going to be
>impractical for me in the beginning-
>Any info you all might have is appreciated- I did find 1 company that has
>special fans and power supplies but not for 110v current-
>
>Cliff

I think the problem is not the fan for the suppy (you can easily
modify an ordinary supply by putting big enough cooling elements an
thus not needing any fan), but the HD and its fan. If you find a good
fan, you may lower sound a little, but the HD sounds much worse for
my taste since its pitched.
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org