Re: Cheating (was: Turn All That S**t Off)

>>Important point to me. I was happy we did not have the means to
>>save loops easy so far. I think it helps a lot to study and record,
>>maybe sometimes on stage, but I am scared of prerecorded loop
>>mixing concerts... those could distroy the fascination that we feel
>>about looping at this stage.
>>--
>>
>>          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org
>
>Interesting, Matthias...In contrast to a conversation i had with
>Damon at the Namm show.  He was expressing interest in playing live
>with ALL of the loops prerecorded, and funnelled through various
>signal routings and effects ON STAGE.  So that the 'musicians', who
>normally 'play' their instruments and the 'sound design' of the
>performance is controlled by the engineers, would now be in complete
>control of the sound design.  (with the Repeater's
>time/pitch/fx/resample functions...the open and liquid nature of
>such a performance becomes more apparent)
>
>He cited the Chemical Brothers as a frame of reference...That the
>enjoyment of their live show, for him, was how well they controlled
>the whole 'sound'.
>
>to each his own, eh?  food for thought on both sides of the fence.
>
>rich

Ok, sorry, of course its brilliant that the Repeater can also take
over the function of a sampler and/or a drum machine.
I may be a bit behind in terms of electronic music, too. It does not
happen here in Bahia. I saw Carlinhos Brown yesterday with about 20
musicians plus samples - what a confusion :-)

I was rather relating to the kind of repetitive experiences we mostly
talk about here: The prerecording brings more security/perfection
with less work, so it may seduce to loose curage to do a fresh loop
live - well I gess veryone understood that :-)

Or: Now that we worked out and documented what live loops are and why
they are an interesting alternative to electronic music, we can
easier mix it all up, and all additional flexibility is positive...
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org