RE: Line 6 DL4 - the Delays

Max Valention wrote:

> If you are into delays, the DL4 also has 15 other programs
> that are digital
> models of classic analog and digital delays; like the original tube
> echoplex, Roland Space Echo,Memory Man etc. Now, besides the looper
> function, which I think is really good (and with sound
> quality far superior
> to the Jam Man) the delays are also great for whatever kind
> of sonic mayhem
> you might be thinkin' of brewin' up.....

to which I can only agree. I'm not that familiar with the palette of
antique
delay effects modelled here, but I had been playing in a dub/reggae band
where every horn section member and his brother had a roland space echo,
somtimes complemented by a Maestro EP-1 (the original "echoplex nondigital
nonpro") - with the dl4, you can simulate all the special possibilities and
sometimes wanted artifacts of these vintage devices, like tweaking tape
speed, tape wow&flutter and (most importantly) feedback levels >1 which
then
make the special noise floor of the analogue tape&electronics audible.
Plus,
you can use an expression pedal to control those, and have a prolonged
range
of delay time over the originals!

nb: the dl4 was my first "real" looper (the first one being a RDS2001), and
although with the advent of the Repeater I won't use it for looping that
much in the future, it will surely stay in my setup for the delays alone.

        Rainer

Rainer Straschill
Moinlabs GFX and Soundworks - www.moinlabs.de
digital penis expert group - www.dpeg.de