Solo bass looping

Okay. Last month there was the first Solo Bass Looping Festival (well done
Rick for the good work). It got me wondering about solo gigs. I am
convinced
that solo bass is worth at least half an hour of anyonešs attention but
what
has been other peoplešs experience?

I have done plenty of duo gigs where, effectively, I am performing solo,
especially against looping machines (a great safety net!). But Išd love to
hear more some thoughts on this. More importantly, is there a market for
this kind of thing ?.

victor