Re: simultaneous, multiple-length loops

On Mon, 5 Feb 2001 15:38:54 -0800 rich <rich@nuvisionsca.com> writes:
> >be able to A) record separate loops, *each of a different length*,
> and B)
> >then be able to *play them back simultaneously* and adjust the mix,
> etc.
>
> Let's say loop 1 is shorter than loop 2.  When you record them and
> play them back simultaneously, are you expecting loop 1 to be silent
>
> when it runs out, and doesn't begin playing until loop 2 is
> finished,
> then they both start together?  If so, then the Repeater will do
> this...
>
> Or do you want loop 1 to keep looping, while loop 2 takes longer and
>
> then begins looping, so that they will eventually go completely out
> of phase from their original sync?

the latter is definitely what I'm after. sort of a rough equivalent of
the early brian eno multiple tape loop experiments, only all within one
machine, which to me would be enormously convenient (of course). I'd also
want to be able to fade the various loops in and out at will.

> If that's the case, then maybe
> the DJRND3?

what's the DJRND3? can anyone verify if it can do the above?

> ...maybe two EDP's w/ brothersync?

now I'm dreaming. I can't even find *one* EDP ... much less afford it! :(

I looked on ebay the other day, just for the hell of it, and saw that
jammen were selling for $600 - $1000 ... I can't believe it. I only paid
$250 for mine, then another $50 to upgrade to 32sec ... wow ...

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.