Re: OT (was flexible amplification...)

Tim Sanz wrote:

> or... plug yer favorite old amp's speaker output into the Groove Tubes
>SEII
> then to all yer favorite toys then to the console. I don't know how well
>this baby works but I know you can get em.
> I use and love an Allan Holdsworth Harness which is similar to the GT
>SEII ....
> These allows you to use vintage tube amps direct through signal
>processors/ loopers to capture your favorite tube amps tone
> in the beginning of your chain...... or.... anyone?
> -cheers
> TS

dang me and my lousy memory! (sorta on this thread)

in the latest issue of tape op, in the reviews section is a short piece by
larry crane about a really great looking 8-watt
tube amp called babytube (or somethin'). msrp of around $600US, but also
comes available with a 10-tube assortment pack for
swapping out different colors...has a simple (2-knob) interactive tone &
gain control. the amp is advertised elsewhere in the
mag, and looks *amazing*; exposed transformer/tubes a la ampeg b12. if
anyone has seen (or heard) this amp and has more info,
please post. i want one!

lance g.