Re: Transducers and Sustainiac

Seeing as I just went through this whole process myself a few months ago,
think I can give you a pretty good opinion.

I tried out a Fernandes model first and was pretty underwhelmed with the
performance of the sustain.  It seemed too tame for my tastes and you also
have to be aware of which version you buy as not all guitars come with the
same circuit (some only give you fundamental and harmonic feedback while
some give you those plus a mix mode).  I returned my Fernandes shortly
after
I tried it and ordered the Sustainiac system instead.

IMO the Sustainiac is just a better system, it sounds MUCH better than the
Fernandes.  Its much more robust and the sustain was a lot stronger and
more
varied in its sound.  The Fernandes may have been a touch better at doing
the imitation E-bow thing, but the Sustainiac pickup is far wilder and
more
powerful (and can do a fair ebow as well).  The sounds that I can get from
this circuit are really fantastic, from screaming feedback to very (VERY)
hypnotic drones.

And on top of that, Alan Hoover has been really helpful.  I installed the
Sustainer myself and had some problems getting everything tweaked properly
and he's been really fantastic in answering my questions and getting
things
working properly.

In my opinion, it sounds MUCH better than the Fernandes model I tried.

I highly recommend the Sustainiac and Maniac Music.

Hope that helps

Kevin

PS  According to Alan, Fernandes has their patents and he has his, they
are
NOT the same circuits.