re: Electrix filter factory

skully wrote:
If you haven't already, you should check out the MoogerFooger line of stomp
boxes from Bob Moog's Big Briar company. Man, I tried out one of his MF-101
Low Pass Filters on a bass and it was "phat," I really liked it. There are
some sound clips of both the MF-101 and the MF-102 Ring Modulator on their
website at:

http://www.bigbriar.com

frohickey replies:
One of the most stimulating and creative shows I have seen in ages featured
the
Chicago Underground Duo and Isotope 217 from Chicago at the Rio Theatre in
Santa Cruz, California.

The trumpeter (who's name eludes me and played in both of those groups) was
using a couple of the MF-101 filters on both his
trumpet and moog synthesizer.   He made some of the coolest and most
expressive wild sounds that I have heard anybody play in a long time.   I
wish they weren't so bleeding expensive but I was really impressed.    I'm
still an Electrix fanatic.   I just wish the Repeaters would show their
blessed pointed little heads.

"My name is Rick W.    I am a gear-aholic"
"I admit that I am powerless or my lust for new gear"

To which the whole of loopers delight is supposed to respond,
"HI RICK!!!!!!"