Problem: Sync SR-16 With Echoplex

Hello,

Asking for help!

I want to sync my Alesis SR-16 to the Echoplex.  I've read both manuals,
but I don't know much about midi.

I record with Multiple Loops.  I'd like the drum machine to start when I
press record on Loop 1.  Presently, I record a loop, press record again,
and the drum machine starts.  I'm wanting everything to begin
simultaneously, and I want the drum machine locked into it's tempo - not
shaped by how long the loop may run (I'll use the drum machine as my "click
track").    I'd like to activate the process by pressing record on the
Echoplex.

Also, I'd like the same beat from the drum machine to continue thru the
recording of Loop 2, 3, etc.

So, I press record in Loop 1 and begin playing my loop to the fixed tempo
drum track.  I go to Loop 2 as the drum track continues to play.  Loop 3,
etc.

Thank you!

Michael