Re: lo tech delays

I really like the balloon idea!  Adds to the visual appeal!

I used to use two machines and mic stands but I threaded the tape around
the
capstan of the second machine (or was it the first?).  So the tape was
powered (pushed?  pulled?) by only one machine which eliminated problems
with speed differences between the machines.

Also, I sometimes used two tape loops of different length.  One tape loop
was threaded through both machines.  The other was placed "inside" the
first
loop and was threaded through only one machine.  Each machine could only
"read" and "write" on one tape but the tapes were synchronized since the
same transport powered both tapes.

Dennis Leas
dennis@mdbs.com