Re: delay unit for bass

Ashley....It depends on how far you want to go with your loops. Loop bases
composing (even with just a bass) can go very deep. You said you play the
doublebass...is that pickup equipped? And do you have a pre/power amp and
speakers? All the rack mount loopers can be controlled via footswitches
(check the continuing thread here about the soon-to-be Repeater), but they
are a bit pricey. Throwing down a thousand bucks to play with loops (I
know...street prices for all are below a grand, but with all the extras
like
a rack...footswitches etc.....oh, several months ago I did see a JamMan on
eBay for $800!!!)may seem a bit steep. I use a JamMan and a Line6 DL4 on
bass, and both work great. Overall, the DL4 may be a little more
"user-friendly" (and definately wallet-friendly!) and it is a footpedal. I
have found that a lot of us bass/loopers are using the DL4 (to echo Rick
Walker here: Steve Lawson's work on the DL4 in Santa Cruz recently was
stunning....like attending a looper's Master Class). So check out the Line
6
DL4 Delay Modeler. In addition to the loop sampler you alaso get 15 great
vintage delay models to play around with....
LoopityLoop....Max Valentino