UK loopers and Rick's kind words...

>     There is something to say about really having your proverbial shit
> together when you perform.
> Steve Lawson impressed the hell out of me with his command of his gear
>the
> fluidity with which he changed 'parts' as he looped during the recent
>Solo
> Bass Looping Festival.

Thanks for that Rick - not wanting to make this sound like we're swapping
compliments by I can heartily recommend Rick's loop
pool CD - using a mixture of found sound, vocal, instrumental and
electronic sources, Rick has created a highly modified
texture, leaving some of the sources recogniseable while other textures
have morphed into sounds hitherto unheard.
Fortunately, it doesn't dwell on strange noises for the sake of it, and
Rick's percussive background is evident in the
subtley shifting rhythmic stuff that goes on all the way through (and his
awesome use of modified 'human beatbox' mouth
percussion, which makes me laugh everytime it comes round, and sounds so
fresh)... there are some great musical ideas,
baffling processing and technical ideas, and it all makes reading his
posts to the list even more enjoyable! Hopefully his
website will be up and running before long and you'll all be able to get
the CD...

...anyway...

> ...........and...............a Welsh looping festival.................go
> Gareth!!!!!!    I only wish I was independently wealthy so that I could
>trot
> around the world and perform at these exciting
> new events!!!!

I'm up for playing at a gathering like this - maybe we can do a series of
them around the country - London, Wales, and
somewhere 'up north'... Keep talking everyone, and lets see what we can
come up with...

cheers

Steve
web-site - www.steve-lawson.co.uk